View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Caroline S

Default My Denim Rag Quilt

I made a denim rag quilt last fall for my queen sized bed. The backing was some animal print flannel that had been in my stash a long time. I used thin cotton batting between the square, Quilters Dream I think. I used a new denim needle to sew the block rows together. It is one heavy quilt. And I did "wrastle" it a lot to make it the size I did. I purchased the Fiskars rag quilt snips after I decided that using regular scissors to snip the seam allowances was not very efficient and hurt my hands after a while. I havn't taken it to the laundermat yet, all I do now is vacuum it to remove the lint and dog hair. Yes, the quilt is "dog proof". The first picture is the quilt on my bed before snipping the seam allowances. I had to kick the dog off the bed so I could take the picture. That is his head showing!

I suggest that you make a least on denim rag quilt, perhaps a lap quilt to see if you want to make another.
Attached Thumbnails 2011-10-27-denim-rag-quilt-015.jpg   2011-11-02-denim-rag-quilt-004.jpg  

Last edited by Caroline S; 01-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.