Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Quilting Nonnie

Just jump right in! The original group started in Aug. 2010 and finished in Aug. 2011. However there are stragglers (like me) who weren't able to keep up and are still working on it. There are others who joined in later and are still posting blocks. In the past week, three new people have started. You will have plenty of company!

Our suggestion (the FW'ers) is to go through the BOM and subscribe to every picture thread. It's great to read the posts and see the blocks that have been done. I get lots of ideas for each block by looking at what has already been made. There's also discussion about easier ways to do blocks, etc.

If you don't want to find the threads manually, I do have a list of all the picture pages for all the blocks. I could email it to you.

Just dive in and start posting, and it will go out to everyone who has worked on the quilt.

If you are a paper-piecer, you can get those patterns. You need to join Yahoo Groups, then join the Farmer's Wife group. Once you're accepted you can go into the files and find all the paper piecing in one place.

If you want to rotary cut, then Honchey listed directions for that each week the blocks were posted.

Of course the templates are on the CD that came with the book.

Because there are so many of us getting the emails for the blocks, just ask a question and somebody will answer!

Welcome to the friendliest group of quilters around!