View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

To tell you the truth, it all depends on whose getting the quilt. If it's a garment, and the seams don't match, no matter who it's for, that seam is coming out, and being resewn.
If it's a quilt and I cut off a few points, learning, like I have for one of my grandbaby's...I had to choose, to either keep going, or take apart almost an entire quilt top, so, mistakes stayed, she is five, and lessons learned.
When I make quilts for my grown kids, hoping that they will have them a while, might possible show to other ppl, and who knows, might even inspire some quilting of their own...I will do my very best to get the points, pointy, and all seams to match.
I'm kind of critical of my own work, bc I want my kids to be proud of it. I am so not critical of other ppl's work though, as I know how time consuming and tedious getting it right can be.
I'm the same way with housework. I can plow thru to sit and talk to someone in their own house, but just can't stand too much clutter in my own. It's a constant battle though. Cuts in on my quilty time, doggone it! :D