View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
COYOTEMAGIC

Originally Posted by tjmoore9 View Post
I posted pictures and lost everything. :-( Not sure how that happened. I will try it again, I will have to write less cause I do not have time.

This is my 2nd landscape. The first one I did I posted yesterday under "pictures" if you want to take a peak. I thought it would be fun to post pictures as I go. see it in it's raw stages. I use a mixed combo techque. I use mostly from the book Replique Quilts by Chris Lynn Kirsch. I also use a messy applique. I am not sure what you call it. as I stated in my first post where everything was lost, I break many rules and sorry If offend anyone. I am far from a traditional quilter, although I admire those of you who are.
:-)

The pictures I have included are my quilt in progress, fabrics I have used, or hope to use. Also the oringanal picture, plus tracing of what I wanted in my quilt.

For those of you who had mentioned you want to try this, you must! Really fun! Most important thing I think is not to give up when it looks silly or wrong. I can't count how many times I made mistakes and things just flat out look strange. I walked away, came back and made it right eventually. you can see by the picture that it turned out pretty good. yes, I was surprised as was the rest of my family and friends. haha! I walked away with $500 and first place with that first landscape quilt I did..so you never know where a quilt will lead you. When you think it is all over, don't quit. keep working on it! Might be a winner or just plain beautiful when it is done. Also teaches us perserverence. Happy Quilting!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]301212[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301213[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301216[/ATTACH]
really looking forward to see this one as it grows