Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
The model is an 835. Basic feet come with it (I primarily quilt - so my interest in in the 1/4 inch foot, a walking foot and a FMQ foot). Seems like she indicated that the FMQ foot and 1/4 inch foot were both around $30-$35, give or take - and right now their feet are 15% off. I didn't ask how much the walking foot was. How expensive is expensive? I am thinking that one will run around $100 by the comments?

Classes offered with purchase of the machine are two 2-hour classes. I didn't ask where it would have to be sent for servicing should it need that. I will have to check that out. And I think a visit to the other dealer is in order for a test drive. The other dealer also sells Janome I believe, so I could test both the Janome 6600 and the 835 to see what I think. They might also offer me a trade in deal, not sure. I kind of wanted to keep my Janome 4800, but willing to part with it if I need to in order to help hubby feel good about it. :-) I do have another machine that I could use for piecing if I needed to. I think if I part with my Janome 4800, in a couple of years I would search for a relatively inexpensive basic machine for back up/classes.

I so appreciate the input!! Thank you!!
Check the price of the walking foot; I've bought one for my mega quilter and my ruby and both were over 100. If you can get it included do it.