Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
DawnFurlong

Thank you for the additional information about Joann's (and how much you like your Husqvarna machines). That will be one of the questions to Joann's - servicing. I felt much more comfortable with the salesperson at Joann's than the one at the other dealer. The other dealer, interestingly enough, is where I purchased the Janome 4800 I currently have. I have had this machine for 7 or 8 years, it fhas been relatively lightly used (think I have only made 5 quilts) and so far have never had an issue with it. I am hoping for the same with my next machine - though I will be using the next one much more than I have used my current one.

I think I have a plan of attack.
---Discuss with dh (he has no idea I had been pondering a new sewing machine later this year)
---Go to a 3rd dealer and look at the Janome 6600 and try FMQ on it - just to be sure (if I were to go with a Janome, this is the dealer I would use. They sell Janome's and Babylock's)
---Go back to Joann's with my additional questions. If I have dh's blessing, and I decide this is the machine, then I will try to get them to include the additional feet.

I have an almost king sized top ready to be quilted. I am thinking a big selling point to my husband will be that I was going to be spending around $200 to have someone else quilt it. One way or another, that money will be spent.

Will keep you posted on my progress/decision!