View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
beatys9

Lucky you Katfisher! Sheraton is in Ka'anapali, down the road from Lahaina. There is a shop in the Whaler's Village shopping area (Ka'anapali) that has Hawaiian quilts & other local made items for sale - very pretty & pretty expensive, as is most of Whalers (but fun to walk around and check out the sunset dinner specials at Leilani's on the beach there - good deal if you eat early!). There is a nice quilt shop (Sew Special) in the Ka'ahumanu Shopping Center in Kahului, very close to the airport & Costco. They have many Hawaii & Asian influenced patterns and some different fabrics that you won't see on the mainland. The fabrics are typical LQS prices & not a fab deal but beautiful stuff. The best fabric deals on the island are at Fabric Mart, also near the airport in an old wood building (water side of the street - little hard to find) along Ka'ahumanu Ave near Hwy 36 (road to Hana). I always spend a few hours (and dollars) in there! Love it. I know there is a quilt shop in Kihei but I have not been to that one. Have a wonderful time!