View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 AM
scrappinmad

:thumbup: Hello from Western NY. Well I just started to post and lost the whole thing. I am not use to the laptop.

Well here goes. I am from Western NY and have been married for 16 years. We have 3 beautiful children who I miss dearly. I also miss Sophie my sweet sweet dog. She is just over 1 year old and is a mini Dachshund.

The reason I say I miss them is because my husband Dale and I are living in Buffalo at the moment at a hospital guest house while Dale undergoes Chemo. He is being treated at Roswell for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. (AML) We are now in the second phase of treatment preparing for him to get a stem cell transplant in mid to late February. We will be in Buffalo a lot over the next 3 to 5 months and so I will have nothing better to do than surf the net and sew. I am bringing my machine up next week to try to get back to working on my very first quilt that I started over a year ago.

I will post more in Chit Chat later today as to what is really the whole big deal but, I just want to say I am so happy to be here with people who seem to be just really nice people. I need people to hang with and talk to. Hope to have a great time here and finally learn to quilt once and for all. I have sewn for years on apparel but, not quilts so here we go.

L