Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, that is so cool! The only treadle I have with feet for the pedal is my Wheeler & Wilson! My Eldredge Two Spools has a pedal - not feet! I learned how to treadle by reading the manuals of some of my treadles! Putting one whole foot on the pedal and only the toe of the second foot is the recommended method, but I doubt that is the preferred method with a treadle with feet! The main thing is practice practice practice! I remember when I started treadling, I'd just go back and forth and break thread! So frustrating! Now, that seems years ago as I don't even think twice when I sit down to treadle - since treadling is my preferred sewing method now!

Nancy

Nancy
I remember your posts of frustration, help "what I'm I doing wrong", and my husband treadles better than me.
Yup, just practice, practice, and more practice. I too prefer treadling over an e-machine...quieter than an e-machine.
And the rhythm and motion of treadling is relaxing. I think they should put treadles in schools for kids that need motion to learn and retain information-like a reading corner.