View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by Pam B
Donna, You are not alone in being so disorganized! I am right there with you on that. In fact, I started a BOM at my LQS back in Jan. Actually, I have not even made any of the blocks,yet, due to other projects in the works...but I have dutifully picked them up each month. And, believe it, or not, I have labeled the bag with the name of the month and kept them together. The problem...at the first month we also purchased the 'completer' fabric we would need to use throughout the year. Well...i have no clue where I have 'stashed' it and no clue whatsoever what it even looks like!!! Duh!

Everyone here is giving such great storage ideas. Getting my sewing room reorganized will be my Sept. project. Right now I am busy with getting both my college daughters ready to head back to their respective campuses and getting my kdg classroom ready for another school year. Would really rather tackle my sewing room...you are all so inspirational!!!
Oh, Pam, you bring back memories of my teaching days. And to think, I thought my sewing room was bad when I was teaching. It is totally worse now that I am retired. I have started so many projects and have finished very few. I keep buying more fabrics and accumulating more ideas for projects. Everything is piled up in stacks, in boxes, in bags, on shelves, in closets, in drawers, in plastic bins -- all over the place. It is spilling out into our bedroom. I also have another "bedroom" filled with cake decorating supplies. Lately I have learned that it is impossible to go in and make a big sweep and it will be clean and will stay organized. Impossible -- for me anyhow. I have learned from FlyLady that it has to be done in baby steps. I'm actually getting the hang of some of it. There may be hope. But I say to you, it isn't easy taking care of the classroom and the home -- especially if you're a "project or hobby girl." Now that I'm retired, I wonder how I ever had time to teach. :lol: