View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Tiffany

Great tips. I've used the one for hanging blocks from a hanger for years. I store my orphan blocks that way. It's fun to look through them and remember what I've done over the years. Here's a tip, when making a quilt with all the same blocks, always make one extra and save it. Then, once you've saved up enough blocks you can turn these extra blocks into a sampler quilt to remind you of all the quilts you've done over the years.

Loretta: I actually don't use that tip unless I'm at a retreat or something like that. I find that if I don't get up and move around, I get too stiff and I have Fibromyalgia and getting stiff is very bad. I actually have the ironing board set up so that I have to get up and walk a few steps to reach it and I have my garbage bag on the opposite side, which sort of allows me to stretch in both directions. I also find taking a few minutes to stretch every hour or so helps to keep me from getting that horrible backache that plagues so many quilters. I have friends that love their coffee filters so I imagine I am in the minority where this tip is concerned.

One of my favorite tips - when your rotary blade is getting dull, flip it over and it will cut good as new.
~Tiffany