View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
Thankyou so much - this is exactly what I was looking for! Your points:

1. It's quite difficult to pull the bobbin thread through, so maybe the bobbin tension does need to be adjusted.

2. I can't find instructions for taking the needle tensioner apart. The booklet (which I had to download from the Internet and is for a model with slight differences to mine) has the usual general guidance on higher and lower tension, but doesn't seem to have this more technical information.

Yes, I love all that space under the arm!

What about stitch length? Do you push the lever down to the bottom, opposite the figure 6? That's what I've done, though I wondered about pushing it right up, beyond the high numbers - it goes some way beyond them. I'm getting very small stitches, even if I sew slowly. I know a lot of it is a matter of finding the right rhythm - got to get used to not having a speed control! - but I was struggling to get my stitches to a nice length.
when you put the lever all the way to the top, it is probably reverse...many older machines are... you can test this with the feed dogs up. set on the top number, stitch.... set on the bottom number, stitch, and then run the lever all the way up, stitch.... this will tell you... you want to be able to set as close to 0 as possible...