Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
...another one found its way home yesterday, this is a full sized Class 15 clone and it has some issues. (My daughter fell in love with the 3/4 that I got a couple weeks ago, so one of them will go to her eventually...well, maybe)

....everything moves slow as molasses ...my gut reaction is they have used the wrong oil on her at some time...even the pressure foot, when you put the lever down it kind of "sinks" down at its own speed, and the dogs won't drop either. Nothing looks abused or broken, just ignored and gummed up, not very linty either.
I haven't tried sewing with her, the motor works and everything turns so we brought her home knowing that we could fix her.

being rather new at this...should I try oiling her up with sewing machine oil to see if that will loosen her up OR would that be adding insult to injury and should we go at her with kerosene (or another product) to clean off whatever is gumming her up after he blows her out with the compressor?

a couple of places on the cabinet the varnish has bubbled like she has been sitting next to a heat vent/stove/strong sunlight - not sure if that would have any effect on the gumminess?

Thanks for your help!

Joann
Love this one!! It's a beauty and will really blossom once you get her cleaned up, ungummed and running!!