Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Scakes

Originally Posted by LauraRG View Post
I am considering purchasing one of these, partly for the beauty, but mostly hoping it will have a good quality stitch. What's the word on these? Stitch? Loud? How easy to obtain bobbins? Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Laura
Hi Laura. I haven't done much sewing on this machine yet. The stitch looked fine on the little test run I did. I didn't think it was too loud. I didn't have any trouble finding a new pulley for mine, and the same lady I bought it from sells bobbins. The light switch was messed up on mine and we did a lot of hunting but did not find one. My dh rewired it - bypassing the switch - so that if the machine is on then the light is on. No problem there - it reminds to turn it off. There is a vintage kenmore group at yahoo groups. I've joined that and you slowly learn things and names of parts sellers, etc. Check them out. One odd thing about the machine is that the hand wheel turns opposite any machine I've ever sewn on. If you get the machine, feel free to pm me with questions. maybe we can figure things out.