Old 01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Sorry to say that there are no records for a "EY" series. The last "E" series is the "EX" which ran from July 1964 thru June 1965. This is not to say there was no "EY series", just the Singer didn't not keep the records.

Cathy
Cathy is absolulely right of course. If you go to the Singer dating site, they do not list anything with 'EY,' but I had a date for the EY as I have a FW with the EY. I looked in the book "Featherweight 221 The Perfect Portable" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro and she has the 'EY' dates. According to this book, the 'EY' went from October 1966 to October 1968.

Cathy, I have no idea where Nancy Johnson-Srebro got her information, probably just research? She is one of the foremost authorities on the FW. I never realized that she had information in her book that we can't find on the Singer dating site. That is interesting.

Nancy

Now going back through the book mentioned in the above statement on page 39, Nancy Johnson-Srebro says the "EY - unknown, possibly 1969." On page 39 she is talking about the models made in Great Britain. If you get her book and look at page 191, she says "EY - October 1966 - October 1968." This confusing. I will have to read the book to see why the two different dates?

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.