View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Hands Sew Full

Originally Posted by Canada Kate View Post
Well, that may be the case, but I've been watching my local Kijiji and Craig's List (CL), as well as eBay, for several months and can't seem to find one that has been fully restored and guaranteed by the restorer for less. There was a black 301A that recently went for $135 on eBay, but by the time I pay to ship it to Canada, and get it restored, I'm closer to $300.

I see posts on here where people get FW's and other antique machines at roadside sales and Goodwill for like $20, but I have to tell you I have never seen anything near that in the large Canadian city where I live. There is someone on CL right now who is trying to sell a FW - not refurbished - for $500. If y'all know where someone in Canada can get vintage machines for less, by all means, let me know!
Hi there, I am in Northern Ontario and I can relate to the lack of vintage machines for reasonable prices! However....I did find my mint black 301 short bed in her case with all of her accessories and a buttonholer, at my local value village for 14.99 and I had a 30% off coupon! Total score! But that almost never happens! I check craigslist in Michigan frequently, if you are near a US border I would check that. I also have looked at Craigslist and Kijiji in Montreal and found some unique deals (I am too far away but my sister lives in Ottawa too) I would like to find that Gus fellows info for my next trip to Ottawa though!