Old 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
n2scraplvr

Wink I Loved Making This Quilt! No Squaring Up Was Needed!! see post #1 for tut and links

The corner of one block became the corner of the next! It came out so perfectly aligned that no squaring up was done at all! I absolutely loved making it and want to do another! I put fun fabrics in the centers and the white stars created between blocks make perfect areas for feather quilted wreaths. There were butterflies and lobsters in this one. I have no idea the name of the block. I just referred to it as the 'flower quilt'. That's what I put on the label. I failed to get a pic of it before it was shipped off of the pretty burgundy border and label. It went to a charity who only requested blocks. A LA was on site to finish the quilts so I'll bet they do pretty feather quilting in it. I loved the pieced back of large flying geese flying across it horizontally and vertically in homey fabrics (done a long time ago). It was for WWP and goes to Germany to the soldiers there. I'll post pics how they finished it when I receive the pictures from them. I sent a completed quilt and 3 quilt tops plus this almost finished one. I have a pic in its early stages and then the final. Thank you for looking!

Mini Tut is at post #40 here
Continued Mini Tut is at post 74 here
Links are found at post #142 here
Attached Thumbnails final.jpg   best.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-08-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: per member request, add mini-tut info to title