Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 AM
ChrisQuilter

I researched manuals and parts this week for my 230 and found there are several places where you can instantly download manuals online, and some will send it to you (costs more, so I downloaded the .pdf file which I can now print if I want or just reference on my computer). The cheapest one I found was a site in the UK, but it is a German machine so I figured that would be fine and it was. Paid with Paypal and downloaded it right away. Site is sewingparts.co.uk. I also found some things on ebay and searched the web for other parts. Nothing is currently manufactured, but there are some new parts that "fit" the machine, such as foot pedals and feet. You have to search using different terms, each time I change the wording on my google search, I find more things because of how the search tags work on different sites and most items will be listed on some kind of auction or a sewing shop site, so keep searching. I have seen the bakelite knobs, bobbins are plentiful, other parts like presser foot lever and needle screw. You may also find parts at your local dealer, esp. if you find a long-time shop. Mine has been around since 1955 so I guess they have a big stash in back because he said he could find me some feet and a foot pedal, used. Good luck! You should be able to find things you need, but some may take time to locate. Keep checking ebay. That is probably the best source because it gets things from all over.