View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
quiltedponies

I would bet that most people here are sold on the long arm they have. I posted another post on this forum about how I didn't have the advantage of being able to travel and try out any long arms. I had been doing some free motion quilting on my DSM...the harp wasn't very large and I would get pretty frustrated trying to manipulate all that fabric around. I did a lot of on and off line research, and one of my biggest concerns was over how easy it would be to service my own long arm. How good was the customer support? I ended up deciding on the APQS Millie with the blissed frame and quilt glide. The sales rep that came and did the install was very good at getting the machine up and running, but not very good at showing me much about running the machine. In the end I was glad that it went that way, because I learned just how user friendly my machine is. Pretty much a press and play situation. I've changed threads both top and bottom....adjusted the tension, and my stitches have been lovely both on top and below. I haven't had the machine a full month yet, but I'm feeling confident enought to go ahead and load my first real top on the frame. If you can go and try a number of long arms, I think that would be to your advantage. I couldn't do that, and I'm very very happy with the machine I chose.