View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
roadrunr

Default This one is for me

Several months ago I stopped at the old Walmart store in Mchenry. I went in the fabric Dept adn saw a pack of fat quarters that were a clearance. There were 8 fat quarters in the pack and they were just beautiful! I deceided to buy them and make a small quilt for my niece's boyfriend's daughter. I bought the fat quarters and continued on my bike ride. On the way home, I deceided that one pack was not enough, so I bought another pack.

I started cutting out the pieces with just a simple design of square within a square. The top went together quite quickly, but I deceided to piece the back - it took me longer to piece the back than it did for me to piece the front! In the meantime, my niece broke up with her boyfriend, so I deceided that since I was makng a full sized quilt anyway tha tI would keep it for myself. I finally finished it this evening/ It is both machine quilted and hand quilted. I like it,even though I did make many mistakes on it.

How do you like my quilt? One of the quilt inspectors just would not get off my bed while I was taking the pics.
The first pic is the front of the quilt, followed by a close-up of the hand quilting. The third pic is the back followed by the clos-up of the hand quilting from the backside.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2516.jpg   dscf2517.jpg   dscf2518.jpg   dscf2519.jpg