Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Is it a Vertical Feed?
Here is a link to the different Davis Vertical Feeds: http://www.kelsew.info/Domestic/DavisVFmodels.html
for you to study. The Davis NVF is the only one that takes a 15x1 needle.
Stuff in drawers can be fun, treasures!!! Can't tell you about the price without seeing cabinet and machine. Plus, it is up to you as to how badly do you want the machine.
Chris if this is truly the pre 1900 Davis, it will require the Davis long 1x2 needles or Boye # 10 needles. If it is even older, it would use Boye # 20 needles. The Boye # 10's are easy to find on e-bay, but a little pricey. If this machine is a later version, the Davis New Vertical Feed, like Monica said - it takes a 15x1 regular needle. Make sure the machine is complete, finding parts for the Davis is not easy! The shuttle is very pricey if you have to purchase one, and very hard to find! I love using my Davis Veritcal Feed for binding. Because it does not have feed dogs, it zips through the 7 layers to attach a binding. Let us know if you get the machine! I'd always make an offer. If the cabinet is in bad shape, I'd offer much less. People can ask any price they want on Craigslist, or E-Bay, but if you watch the ads, they don't sell for what they are asking, although, if the machine is complete, a Vertical Feed, and the cabinet is in good shape, it is worth the price!

Nancy