Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
DawnFurlong

Default Singer 301 on Craigs List, $260 - is this a good machine

I wish I new more about vintage sewing machines. I have been reading A LOT on this board about these older Singer machines and how good they are. Being unfamiliar with such machines, I have no idea if this is a good machine. The harp size looks larger, but I don't know the size. I have to say old machines kind of scare me - but that is more because I don't know anything about them (or what one does to find parts for them if needed, etc).

Anyone with this machine? Here is the info on this machine, and here is a link to the listing for pictures (in case my attachments don't work - http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/hsh/2793346487.html :

Singer Black 301 Model Sewing Machine in original case. Almost new condition! Comes with all original attachments- also includes extras such as a button hole attachment, automatic zig-zagger (plus stitch patterns for the automatic zig-zagger), additional bobbins and needles. Only once on a rare occasion does a machine in this condition come up for sale. Should last several lifetimes- These are said to be the finest sewing machines Singer ever made. This machine has just been completely serviced!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Singer 301.doc (241.0 KB, 185 views)