View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
LSM Quilter

Smile Hello from Middle Georgia

Hi, Since I'm a fairly new quilter, a friend told me I should sign up here. So, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions coming up.

I actually began a large wall hanging quilt nearly 20 years ago and since it was pieced AND quilted-as-you-go by hand, it took me too long and I kept putting it aside as life got in the way. Also other projects came along like cross-stitching, clothes sewing, moving around to a few states, getting a divorce, going back to school and getting a degree, more moving around, starting a new career, more moving around, etc. Oh, and just recently, I began machine piecing and quilting just before Christmas and ended up making four quilted table squares for gifts as well as two bath robes, six-piece placemats and a reversible fleece coat for myself!!

Anyway, the wall hanging is almost finished -- I'm working on the binding!!

I am already hooked on doing more quilting and have been downloading all kinds of patterns, but don't know what I want to start on. Every time I think I want to do one design, I see another one I want to do. I'm sure this NEVER happens to anyone else.

Linda