Old 02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Becky
Thanks so much, I will put it on my list to get, very soon. Those puppies are so precious, Sorry about the litle black one. I have 2 brother machines. I've had one for 10 yrs and upgraded to the CS6000, and I love them both. No you can't beat them for the money. I find Brother machines to be really good work horses. They should advertise more, because they really aren't expensive, and perform so well.
I bought my first sewing machine in 2001, I think. It is a BROTHER LS 1520. It was around $97. I love it. I just wanted to upgrade to the embroidery and all the extra stitches, plus you can always get some new designs when you get tired of the others. I think I will have it forever, since I can upgrade it! :) I still have my LS 1520, and I'm keeping it!
My dad got my mom a a new brother for c-mas 2005. It is pretty much the same machine as my LS 1520, but it is slightly different. It has a few more stitches on it and is a little bit of a different color. It was around $75! I paid about $25 more for less functions a few years ago!
I got my first brother by selling enough stuff on eBay to pay for it! We had less money then! My Mom's first machine was a brother. She still has it. It is probably about 26 years old. That's why I bought a brother, because she's had that one for as long as she's had me, and it is still good as new!