View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:44 AM
nancia

my mom came from old yankee (vermont) stock and my dad was old military so folksy colorful sayings were everyday conversation around our house. my aunt had a hired man working for her who was 'dumber 'en a egg'. named his dog' dog'. my g'mother called her father 'father'( like dan rather) and aunts were aren'ts. the u.s.a. is bordered by 2 oceans, the atlantic and the specific. and to this day my 25 yr old daughter sings the hal lay lu la core us. because it's bee-yig! like hair in texas. and those signs on the back of motor cycles, they are for fighter's who want to "POW" and BOOM" meea, when they see-ya, ya know what i meenya? poor meea getting hit. pow, just like that. and i'm sure others had happy bird days, too! one of the best-- i taught 3 yr olds, and i used a laminated train on the floor to help the kids line up. one little boy kept letting everyone in front of him. when i asked him why, he smiled and said he wanted to be the very last car of the train. he wanted to be the commode!