Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
O.K. I got my Elna yesterday. Interestingly, it's the European released model 62D..which is the same as the American released 62C but at one time it had a plug to fit the European outlets. Anyway, besides me having to figure out how to center the needle better from front to back. It stitches very nicely. Here's the thing. It's paint on the throat of the machine is REALLY dinged up and it would be so nice to repaint. The plate comes off the machine, so it would be very easy just to paint the piece that is all messed up. I searched through the archives and although Billy had one thread where he showed a repainted machine, I didn't really find any directions per se. We have a Napa Autoparts store but not a store that necessarily is a Automotive paint type store. I know I can get a chip of the whitish paint off to match the color but then what? Sand it all off, primer of some kind and then paint? Do I have to have a sprayer, because I don't have a nice one:< I'm sure the common spray paints available would not match exactly and I don't want to make it look worse than it is. Any suggestions?
Candace, we'd love to see a photo of your new Elna!

Nancy