Old 01-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Mizkaki

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Cathy, I think I have figured out why my new Spartan does not pick up the bobbin thread. The only part of this machine that has rust on it is the bobbin case. It sat without a slide plate, which is probably why the case is rusted. When I try to pick up the bobbin thread the top thread goes part way around the case then gets stuck! I can gently pull on the thread with my hand and get it past the stuck parts, but I think it is the roughness of the rust that is the problem? Do you have a simple solution for removing that rust and smoothing the case out? That is without having to remove the case! I know you showed us all how easy those cases come off at the TOGA, but I am not sure I have the nerve to remove the case - I am not sure I'd get it back in!

Nancy
A possibility that that is the problem. When the thread gets stuck it definitely won't complete the stitch. It could be just buildup or just the escapement measurement is off. Both should be an easy fix. If you can see rust, there will most likely be rust on the underside and you do need to remove the BC to get to that.

I might be in Shingle springs on Sunday. Maybe we can meet up there or at your place. I would love to look at the little puppy (99).

Cathy