View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
motomom

Default Here is my Dear Jane Quilt Progress

Ok, I finally gave up. My hubby had a bad motorcycle accident and I have been away for a while. When I got back, the entire board has really changed, and I'm confused over all the BOM, contests, etc. I had joined a group to make the DJ early on, but of course with the accident I'm no longer on any kind of schedule.

But I sure do need the calming effects of the quilt!

So, I've decided just to start my own thread and keep track of my progress on the quilt.

My DJ will be made with repro fabrics, and I'm trying to match Jane's fabric selection as much as possible. Sometimes I use the diagram in Brenda's book, and sometimes I don't. I'm stubborn, and I like doing things my own way. More than trying to recreate Jane's quilt, I'm trying to understand what she was thinking when she made it.

I'm hand piecing the entire quilt. I know, it is crazy. I did say I was stubborn.

So, here is my first block. More to follow. I'm going to post them in the order I make them, pretty much left to right starting with the top row, with a few triangles thrown in just for jollies.

A-1, Pinwheel Gone Awry.
Attached Thumbnails a1dearjane.jpg