View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM
valsma

UPDATE!!!

I got it working. I took the cover off the thread take up leaver area. I used my little brush to clean out any lint on the needle holder shaft, then put on tiny drop of oil and it is working smooth now. Load off my mind. Hopefully it will work fine from this point on. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support.

Originally Posted by valsma View Post
I was sewing along on my Brother SQ9000 ( not an expensive machine, but what I can afford) quilting a bowtuck i'm working on and it locked up. It gave me an error message for tangled thread. I removed all the tangled thread, made sure the bobbin casing and everything was clear of dust. I turned the handwheel to see if everything was moving freely and isn't. When I turn the hand wheel it feels as if at one spot something rubs or hangs up a little. Short of cracking open the housing I cannot find anymore thread.
I tried calling Brother and their offices are closed. I didn't see anything on their website about being open from 9-6 eastern. Fustrating. I hope whatever it is will still be covered by the warrenty but i'm not going to hold my breath. As it is to find a service person I have to travel over 40 miles north or south.

Now I feel like crying because I realized yesterday I really dislike the quilting part of quilting and had to force myself into working on this project.