View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:39 PM
MartaCC

Originally Posted by GailG

Oh, Pam, you bring back memories of my teaching days. And to think, I thought my sewing room was bad when I was teaching. It is totally worse now that I am retired. I have started so many projects and have finished very few. I keep buying more fabrics and accumulating more ideas for projects. Everything is piled up in stacks, in boxes, in bags, on shelves, in closets, in drawers, in plastic bins -- all over the place. It is spilling out into our bedroom. I also have another "bedroom" filled with cake decorating supplies. Lately I have learned that it is impossible to go in and make a big sweep and it will be clean and will stay organized. Impossible -- for me anyhow. I have learned from FlyLady that it has to be done in baby steps. I'm actually getting the hang of some of it. There may be hope. But I say to you, it isn't easy taking care of the classroom and the home -- especially if you're a "project or hobby girl." Now that I'm retired, I wonder how I ever had time to teach. :lol:
wow! And I was thinking I am alone with the same problem. My new projects multiply so fast and my room to quote my daughter is "BLACK HOLE" I am so glad I find courage to sign for this forum. Sisterhood is a great thing. Thanks for sharing. P.S. Actually I do not have problem, I have fun, it is my family who has a problem.