Old 01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Barefoot Quilter, I have to tell you, you made one new quilter extremely happy and excited! There were oooo's and ahhh's as each delightful layer was unpacked. I can't wait to hear how Melissa's partner likes her special surprise.

Meanwhile ... the unteachable Krystyna has finished doing battle with fabric and machine. I was doing the doll quilt swap this month. The optional theme was "Show Us Where You Live" so, of course, I decided to pull out my templates for the New York Beauty block. Well, I forgot how to make them, but that didn't stop me. I originally wanted to do this as an audition idea for an entry into my guild's challenge. The idea was to do a sun over the water with the sandy beach in front and a little cottage in the foreground.

Ha ha! said the fabric. We don't think so said the thread and machine.

said the quilt police in my head when they saw my binding.

So here's the end result. I mostly used fabrics from my SP's and included some thread painting with luscious glitter thread to highlight the waves. Then I plopped on a bit of gold net lace with sequins over the sun and to form a fishing net at the bottom of the sea. I don't know what kind of doll would use this "doll quilt" -- maybe mermaid Barbie?
Ohhh Krystyna....I really like the colors on this piece on my computer I felt the splash of water!