View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
emms4me

Red face I'm fairly new to this wonderful board

Hello! My name is Evelyn and I'm new. I'm not even sure that I am signed in (don't know how) but I do get the daily email to read the sections and look at pictures, etc.

I wanted to share a very exciting thing that happened at Hancock's today. First of all, I thought all of them were closed in my town and I found out that two were still open. Anyway, in looking at the MLK Day sales and finally found some material that I could use for my kitchen curtains. It was listed at $5.00 a yard. So, sense I had been looking for a while and couldn't find anything I liked, I decided that was was going to half to spend $5.00 a yard for them. I was up at the sewing table and the lady asked me how many yards I needed, then she said she had to go talk to someone and that she would be right back. I said okay sense I was trying to be sure I would have just enough fabric and not to break the bank. She came back with the manager and he told me that the price was 1 cent per yard. I asked if there was something wrong with the fabric and he said no, that they were supposed to have sent this bolt back because it was a discontinued pattern. Because someone was supposed to put it in the back to be shipped yesterday, he said that he would sell it for a penny a yard!!! OMG! I bought all of it because I decided that in between quilt making I would recover my kitchen chair pads, make several other things like table cloth, etc. Anyway, I feel like I won the jackpot and will still have some left over to use in my quilt stash!! Happy ME.