Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Jeanie, what's the slotted line? I've been printing out the templates, gluing them on old patient file folders and cutting them out on the outer black line that I trace and then cut on. Am I doing something wrong? I'll admit, when I did FWS all my blocks were 1/4" smaller than they were supposed to be; I thought it was my sewing. Now, I think I missed something. I didn't see a slotted line when I printed out Pony Club templates either. Help, Jeanie!! Termi, wait for Jeanie's answer--I may be wrong and if so, I'm sorry!
You are not doing anything wrong Jan. That is the way I do mine too. Saying that, there is a solid line and a slotted/dotted line on each template. However, when I did A Beauty (even though mine did not come out very good), I cut the template on the slotted/dotted line (rather than the solid line), and drew around the template and then cut 1/4" from the drawn line (sewing line). That will give you an actual sewing line to follow. In my first quilting class, we learned to always sew on the line. We did not have 1/4" feet back in the late 70's! LOL I hope I did not confuse too many of you, and maybe someone can explain this better than I tried to do??? Help people!