View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 PM
tate_elliott

Candace, thanks for posting. You're right, the tension IS off, but I thought that it was just me, I hadn't found the right balance. Although, I could have scanned the OTHER side. I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually used the 500 to FMQ.

Let me clarify what I meant about "people who don't have the machine." When I've read posts about how you shouldn't FMQ with a 500, I got the feeling that the person wasn't speaking from experience, it was just something they'd read and was passing along.

I read a post where someone wrote that the 500 was a bad machine for FMQing because she'd tried it and had bad results. But then she added that it was her first attempt at FMQing and hadn't yet tried any other machine. How could she know it was the machine and not simply her inexperience?

I'll gladly admit that part of the reason I started this thread is because I love my 500 and don't like someone saying that it can't do something basic. If it can't FMQ well, then I can always fall back on straight-line quilting.

Tate