Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
belem

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
Well, I checked and and sprockets/gears that the timing belt is on was frozen but I was able to get them turning again and I can see that when I turn it the needle-hook turns!!! So it looks like all I need is the black gear which I will order right away AND I'll try to talk someone who is mechanical to install it. I know, I know, it's simple for you but it scares me to just read the instructions. Guess I shouldn't be since I've only spent $5 on it. What could go wrong?
Hi again MissEva, you have done great so far

In a nutshell, the instructions read "take all covers off, remove the belt and then unscrew the black gear". God so far has blessed you with a great gift for your friend and the talent to diagnose what is wrong so I would keep trusting Him to guide you through the rest of the process.

I will post for you the remaining part which is synchronizing the needle with the hook after you install the new black gear and BEFORE you power up the machine again.

Don't worry too much, worst thing can happen is breaking the needle if you power up the machine before synchronizing it with the loop mechanism. Best thing can happen is that you will save a repair fee around 100 dollars plus the satisfaction that you are now one of the few that are brave enough to do this kind of repair. I will also post for you the lubrication procedure so your machine will now be good as new. For this you will need a tube of sewing machine oil and another one of sewing machine lubricant (grease) which should be available at places even like Walmart. The oil must simply be the sewing machine type and the lubricant (grease) simply should be silicon type and not petroleum type.

Congratulations again on your progress so far!

Blessings!