View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 AM
themachinelady

I have a Breadman bread machine and have had for years. Have found over time that I have to take out two tablespoons from the amount of called for liquid and I always add at least a teaspoon more of the Bread Machine yeast and sometimes a little bit of regular yeast depending on which recipe I use. I found it takes lots of loaves to learn the "ins and outs" of your machine. I think each machine is a little different. I have now reached the point where I let it do the dough cycle, and when finished take it out and make a loaf out of it, let it rise and bake it in the oven as the crust is not as thick and hard from the oven as it is in the bread machine.

I have tried box mixes as well as recipes and have had good and back luck with both. I did buy a temperature stick or thermometer and make sure my liquids are in the right temp range as too hot can kill the yeast.

I am sure it is something simple and you will get a good loaf soon. Is your Dad close by, have him come and make a loaf in it or watch what you are doing, he may be able to spot something or give you some help.

Good luck!