Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, I'm a bit lost. What Pfaff are you talking about?
I'm talking about the plastic wonder Pfaff I couldn't resist picking up for $15 at a flea market the other day. I know, I shouldn't be discussing the 'newer' machines here, but I just couldn't pass up a Pfaff for $15 bucks! I have never even seen a Pfaff at a flea market, thrift store, estate sale, yard sale before. How could a pass by one at a flea market for $15? Anyway, it is the Pfaff 4228 that didn't have a foot pedal or plug - that is why it was so cheap. I tried searching for the machine on the net and found some references to a 4228, but when I went into the sites that referenced the machine - nothing - no Pfaffs with that number listed anywhere! I still find nothing, and the repair guys - I tried two of them - find nothing either! So if the 'vintage' repair guy who has been doing this for 50 + years says he thinks it is not made by Pfaff, I believe him! Or could it be that all the machines coming out of Taiwan, look the same and are made by the same people there?

Anyway, I actually like this little machine. I have a couple modern, new Janomes that I really use to use all the time - until I got into vintage. It is nice to have another new machine for the kids and for light weight trips to classes since this one does decorative, has needle positioning, etc.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-13-2012 at 06:27 AM.