View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
SUZAG

Default Machines-New or Old?

I have a Singer Futura CE-150 that I am totally disappointed with. I am using it but I so miss my old Kenmore that had the cams. I enjoy decorative stitches and the CE-150 only has a few, although it is an embroidery machine. I also have 2 Singer 301's, a long bed and a short bed and a serger. I've been looking for an old Kenmore and I find that I will probably need to pay $100-$150 to get what I want. Last night I saw a Brother SQ-9050 at WalMart for $199 and then today I was looking at other Brothers like the SE400 and the PC420PRW.

Finally, here is my question... do you think I should pay $100-$150 for a Kenmore metal geared machine with the cams or purchase new with a warranty and more decorative stitches for $199-$350. Also, yesterday someone gave me a Singer FashionMate 368 for free but it doesn't have the power/foot control or cams or feet. After looking on the internet I think I would pay about $100 to get this fixed up and I still wouldn't have many stitches as this machine didn't originally come with a lot of cams.

What would you say would be the soundest decision here? I am starting to look like a sewing machine sales department and BF is getting a little antsy about it...LOL