View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
stampinteresa

Default Howdy I am new from Virginia

Howdy, I am Teresa from Bedford, Virginia. I am new to this site. I have been sewing since age 9. M y Grandma started me sewing together quilt pieces for a Dresden Plate quilt top. I have been sewing ever since. I went from there to making Barbie clothes and then clothing thru 4-H club with a great leader and later home ec classes.
I have been sewing for over 40 years at something. I integrated sewing into my fifth grade classes and later in my special education classes. Sewing and crafts are a fun part of my life. I have taught sewing in a Hancock Fabrics several years back (before they left our area) and in my home. It was through Hancocks, that I started making quilt blocks through the Block of the Month club. It was very addictive.
Now that my only daughter is in grad school; it has been years since clothing items have been requested, so I have more time to sew for fun and my husband. I enjoy teaching sewing and crafting with my young girls at church. I believe God wants us to share out talents with others. So thanks for this site where we can connect with others who love sewing and quilting.