View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
amandasgramma

Default WHOOO HOOOO!!! Found me a Featherweight!

Without even looking! DH and I went to St. Vincent de Paul's to get some sheets for me to practice on my longarm. Started to get in the car and I remembered I wanted a small table for the guest room, so we turned around and went into the furniture part of the store. Almost walked out and saw an odd case with the lid missing......looked inside and almost fainted!!!! It's a Singer Featherweight 221K.....with parts! It's missing the manual and the case is in bad shape. The belt needs replacing and DH is going to work on parts because it looks like it got weight (rust in the tension area)!!!! It has the original packing slip for a "warranty"!!! (love the wording on it, too. It looks like it was hardly used --- NO scratches. The foot pedal looks brand new! Now hang on to your hats --- I got it for $30.00!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! NOW I'm hooked! I remember when I was a young teen I tried to talk my mother into buying a white one --- I was sewing on an "ugly" black one! Did a little research and found it was made in 1964!!! I was 14 in '64 so that works out right!! I'm so stoked!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302773[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302774[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302775[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg