View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
I can hardly wait to try this recipe. In our area, we use our favorite barbeque sauce with the grape jelly. We slice our favorite local CAjun smoked sausage or the little smokies coat them well in the sauce and jelly and bake slowly or put in the slow cooker. Another recipe we like is the Sweet and Sour Sauce , pineapple chunks and the little smokies. BTW we also do meatballs in the same way. I bake the frozen meatballs first to release some of the fat, drain and then mix with the sauce and jelly. Can also add pineapple chunks to this too.
Yes, this is a tried and true recipe that's been around gosh I'd guess 30 years. I must admit I'd forgotten about it but then remembered when I wanted a super=super-simple-easy-to-take dish to the luncheon. I was just amazed that so many at the luncheon had never heard of such a thing!

Hmm the sweet and sour sauce is one I'll remember too thank-you! Pineapple with the little smokies and the meatballs mmm mmm good! Thanks for the suggestion... Okay I'm a northern girl and don't 'think' I've ever had Cajun sausage but love sausage and would guess it would be delish!