View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
atomicblond

Red face I know what you mean--

I almost made the same mistake and started to buy in the main part of the warehouse, but thankfully I asked about what I was getting ready to buy. When I got to the back room I was shocked--there were about 20 people lined up with really huge shopping carts already in line. I didn't have a cart so I just picked up bolts and stood in line (about 1 hr.) I believe there were many people buying for the whole next year--one lady bought whole bolts of chiffon--that lady was still having her stash measured when I left--she had at least 3 cart loads. When I got home I washed everything, however, I'm pretty sure it wasn't 100% cotton, but I can still use it. I bought mainly calico type fabrics. They also have 5 yd bolts that can't be cut for $2.50. (they are marked $5.00 but the discount is taken at the register). Today I found 100% cotton for $1.50/yd at the Home Fabrics and Rugs in Hurst http://www.homefabricsonline.com/loc.../39-hurst.html The man helping me there said he has seen about 3 quilters in his store everyday this week--the quilting fabric is in the very back of the store. Have fun!