View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Oh, I should never sew when I don't feel good (that happens from falling down the stairs) also I was in a hurry, so this is the result! I put the blocks in the wrong place!!!!!!! Noticed it after I put on the last border & block! So question is, do I just go ahead and quilt it and chalk it up to experience or rip it all out and resew the entire thing? It is going to charity either way!

I draw on you experienced quilters, I just can't believe I did this! I had high hopes too!
I hate to go against every one, but if I am not happy with something, I have to change it. It would probably mean an afternoon of sitting out in the sun (in the summer) or watching a tv show in the winter and pull threads and redo it. Again, I am sorry, but why is it good enough to give to a charity? If I am not happy with it, it doesn't go! I would rather take the time to fix it and be proud of it when I have finished it than to say it's good enough! I can see where you put the rows in the wrong place and that isn't so hard to take apart and redo. I think then it will be quite lovely. If you have the least feeling of "it's not right", fix it! Then you can go on to something new and know that you did your very best on that one. Edie