View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Fabriclovr

[QUOTE= What do I need to do ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

If you are as eager as I am, I would start looking at your stash. I would think of combinations that would go good together, lights, mediums and darks. Neutrals, tone on tones, backgrounds, the normal stuff that you would think of when you were going to start a quilt. If you have to purchase your fabrics, think of what combinations are pleasing to you. Work in EQ (electric quilt) with color combinations, make random blocks to recolor to see what works good together and what doesn't so you have a good idea of what you are looking for when you go to the store, kinda like a grocery/fabric list of sorts. I know when I go to the LQS, I always forget what I am looking for and always bring home more than I needed and may bring home what I went there for in the 1st place LOL

For me, that is the hardest part of the quilt, figuring out what combinations look good together and then when I get what I think is good, I change my mind LOL

That's the best that I can give you right now, I don't have specifics on this project yet.

I can tell you this, if she does not give us directions by the 21st, we will be doing something else. I do have another mystery lined up if this one falls through, problem with that one is that it has already been completed and everyone can look ahead and 'peak' at the finished quilt and/or the next clue before it is time. It also takes a little bit more prep time so we would be cutting it close for SBS. (S uper B owl S unday) Still trying to work out the kinks on that one if we need to do it.

Stay tuned and don't forget to subscribe to this thread so you don't miss any messages