Old 01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
wasnt joann's cloth world 20 years ago? i dont remember joann's being around back in those days. i made clothing then and bought my fabrics from so-fro fabrics, cloth world and designer fabric warehouse. i had given so much fabric away once i stopped sewing and only kept the really expensive silks, wools and japanese cottons i had. many of the cotton fabrics today do dull in comparison to what fabrics were like 20 years ago.
You know, your right! It was Cloth World and I loved those stores. I remember when they were going out of business, they had gone in and marked down everything to 70% off and I was walking down the isles and found a full bolt of dress weight wool that someone had put in the cottons section and the end was marked in red at $2.50/yd! It was a full bolt complete with the plastic wrap on it. I took it to the counter and told them that I wanted the full bolt (that is when they had bolts at 25 yards not the skimpy 8 yards they have now) and they told me the end was mis-marked. I pressed the issue, and they gave it to me for $2.50 a yard! I still have about 5 or 6 yards left. I use it to cover my ironing board and it works great! Oh I also made a couple of suits out of it too