View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
GreatStarter

First off here is a big soft gentle hug. Now as far as your mind thinking you are younger than your body-I suspect everyone feels like that. My body is in worse shape than my 86 yr old dad's body is. And he has arthritis very badly. The point is just do what you can to keep your body in as good of a shape as is possible. Next is make sure you have a life besides that of your childs. After all the goal of being a successful parent is that we give our children wings to fly on their own. I worked hard to develope my own life before my children left home. It worked for a while, unfortunately I hadn't figured in becoming very ill and disabled. There are alot of days I feel sorry for myself, when that happens I try to remember how great my adult children have turned out. I also try to accept my dad's deteriorating health (alsheimers). It is just part of being fortunate enough to live longer, unfortunately our bodies/minds can wear out. I try hard to be involved in a couple of quilting groups, and try to do things for those less fortunate than myself. Making things for kids who are ill, or in bad homelife situations helps me more emotionally than almost anything else.
Just try not to focus on your wonderful daughter growing up and leaving home. You are raising a truely amazing young woman, give her wings or she will feel guilty over growing up. Don't give up when things seem bad, come here and post a few positive things and you will be amazed how much better you feel.

Kat