View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

there are many many different batts to choose from and loft's from very thin 1/8" right on up to 1" thick! when you have the chance to visit the lqs or a joannes type store stop by the batting selection and read some packages- the batts from the dream company are wonderful- there is dream poly, dream cotton, dream wool, dream orient, dream green (a recycled batt that is warm like polar fleece) dream bamboo...
the hobbs company offers many batts in various lofts. i'm not one to use warm & natural much- but some of my customers do and (they) like it. start a (batting journal) try out different batts and write down-the name of the batt- the cost- the fiber content- the quilting requirements, and what you thought of it- after trying many different batts you will find you have different favorite batts for different projects- be adventurous- there are so many wonderful ones to choose from- my all time favorite is wool- i also have used all of the dream batts and have found they are wonderful to work with- the dream green has held up very well in kids- take everywhere/build forts/utility quilts- they wash up well- are warm- for cotton batts i prefer either dream cotton or Hobbs heirloom batts- usually one of the 80/20's. i've found there are alot of different poly batts- some are nice to work with-some not so much-