Old 01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Freddie

I have quilted 2 large quilts on my PE770 embroidery machine. I use outline patterns or redwork and hoop every block. No stabilizer is needed, you have 3 layers already. The thing that takes the longest of course, is the placement of the squares. I lift the quilt somewhat, so it does not drag on the arm. They came out beautiful, but I am not sure, if it would not be faster to draw design and stitch on regular machine. On one quilt I did over 225 hoopings. My granddaughters loved them though and that is all that matters.

Originally Posted by stitchingcrazy View Post
I was wondering about this subject too. I use my Janome 1100 SE and 1001 for all my sewing. There are some lovely "quilt block" designs around, but surely it would involve using the QAYG method, which I am a bit apprehensive about. It seems better to embroider the block first then assemble as normal, but of course the quilt would not be quilted would it? I have thought of doing an embroidered corner flower spray, or something flowing like vines and leafs instead of applique to see how that would work. But QAYG no way that's going to happen for me.