Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
I've been working on the New Home and can not get it to sew well. I have the tension fixed (it was bent),have it now threaded right, and it sewed a couple inches well, then I began messing with the stitch length setting, and now it isn't sewing at all....gobs of thread on the under side, thread breaking...GRRRRR!!!! I have to quit for awhile.
Randa, I'd say you need to 'mess with the stitch length setting' again and get it back to where you were when it was stitching! Remember, all the trouble I had when I started using my Davis Vertical Feed? It took me two months and I was ready to throw that machine out the window, when I finally got it right! It was the stitch regulator knob all the time, I just kept moving it ever so slightly until it finally stitched! I think Glenn went through the same thing with his Davis? I know you are working with a New Home, but don't give up. Maybe, Cathy will have some words of wisdom for you. My words of wisdom are, keep trying! You'll get it right eventually - sometimes these old machines just need some encouragement and patience!

Nancy