Old 01-14-2012, 07:12 PM
DonnaC

Default Interesting News in This Week's Newsletter from Allbrands...

I am a customer of Allbrands and get their weekly newsletter. There was a very interesting item in it today about Sears' sewing machines. Here it is:

"Sears Kenmore sewing machines have been made by Maruzen Japan or Janome New Home over the last 50 years. Janome was the last private label manufacturer to make Sears Kenmore branded sewing machines in their ...Republic of China factory. All future production of Sears Kenmore sewing machines is moving to Singer and Jaguar factories in Mainland China, People's Republic of China or Vietnam where Singer has established manufacturing."

Allbrands has four different Kenmore machines which supposedly are the LAST models to be manufactured by Janome. They are the 11803, the 11206, the 19106 and the 19233. These include a mini, a 3/4 size, and two full sized machines, all reasonably priced between $49.99 and $399.99. (Again, I have no affiliation with Allbrands, I'm just a customer.)

I have posted here before about all of the heartache and problems I've had with my new Singer machine. I ended up buying a Kenmore (not one of the models above) as a backup when my Singer wasn't running, and I've had no problems at all with the Kenmore (which was about 1/10th the price of the Singer!). So I'm passing this along as a public service, I guess! I most definitely would not buy another Singer and if the new Kenmores are now really going to be Singers, I wouldn't buy one of those either.

Of course, everybody has their own opinion... just offering mine.